Tuesday, August 10, 2004

SP2

For all you cave-dwellers out there, Windows XP Service Pack 2 is out.

The link goes to the version for IT Professionals and Developers, so your average Joe will want to wait until the Windows Update version is available, which will be much smaller than this 270+MB download.

I haven't begun deploying it on my network because I wanted to test it on my workstation before putting it out there to 200 users. But so far, I must say that I really like it.

Included in the upgrades are a built-in popup blocker for IE, and Windows now automatically firewalls every connection you have and even has settings to allow exceptions for individual programs, a la ZoneAlarm.

Cool.

4 Comments:

At 8:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Steve, I found your blog informative. While out blog surfing today for specific info on photography products, I ended up on your page. Your site shows that I ended up a little off base, but I am certainly glad I stopped by. I will bookmark your site for a future visit, and should you ever need it, there is plenty of information on this site about photography products.

 
At 9:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Steve, I found your blog informative. While out blog surfing today for specific info on art nude photography, I ended up on your page. Your site shows that I ended up a little off base, but I am certainly glad I stopped by. I will bookmark your site for a future visit, and should you ever need it, there is plenty of information on this site about art nude photography.

 
At 9:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Steve, your blog is excellent. As I was surfing around today looking for detailed info on bh photography I somehow ended up on your page. As your SP2 is not exactly related to my search, I am certainly glad I stopped by. Oh well, back to surfing and I am sure I will find what I am looking for, and should you ever need information about bh photography, then stop by for a look. Thanks for the post.

 
At 8:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Steve, I was out blog surfing looking for some info on photography technology when I ended up on your page. Obviously I ended up a little off base, but your topic caught my eye. While I am here, I just wanted to drop a quick note to comment your blog...now to move on and continue my search for photography technology. I am going to
bookmark your site for future reference and reading. Should you ever need it, you can get specific information about photography technology at the site above.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home