Thursday, May 27, 2004

Petals Around the Roses

There is a cute little game you can play with dice called Petals Around the Roses.

Basically, you roll five 6-sided dice and then try to figure out "how many petals are around the rose." There are only three things that you can be told about it, and everyone who figures out the answer must vow an oath to never tell anyone, but to make them figure it out. It's not incredibly hard, but it's not that easy either. The three things I can tell you are:

1) The name of the game Petals Around the Roses, and that is significant.
2) The answer is always even.
3) The answer to a roll (well I can't tell you the answer to the throws but the flash version I linked to can).

I'll admit it, this little puzzle took me a while to solve. More than once I was ready to give up on it. But I kept trying and eventually figured it out. You can too, and if you do you'll be glad you took the time to do so.

Additionally, you should also read this story about how the richest man in the world was introduced to Petals Around the Roses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home